The inaugural winners of the Indian Premier League, Rajasthan Royals, unfortunately, failed to secure their second title over the years. In fact, for the first time in IPL history, they finished last on the points table in 2020. They could not qualify for the playoffs, despite having most of their star players available.
On the back of a disappointing performance last season, the Royals have made multiple changes to their squad. A huge name in Steven Smith ended up losing his contract for the season. On the flip side, in the last auction, they managed to add some other exciting domestic and foreign prospects like Shivam Dube, Mustafizur Rahman, Chris Morris, and Liam Livingstone to their team. On the whole, currently, the cricket odds live seem to be promising for the Rajasthan Royals squad, especially after making Sanju Samson the skipper of the team.
Batting line-up of the Rajasthan Royals-
- The batting line-up for the Rajasthan Royals consists of Manan Vohra, Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Chris Morris.
- Previously, Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes have both won matches almost single-handedly for the Rajasthan Royals. On the other hand, Chris Morris is a star player with the capability to pull off demanding shots in the death overs.
- They also have under-19 talent Yashasvi Jaiswal in the team this season, alongside promising Riyan Parag and Rahul Tewatia.
- Shivam Dube has played some impressive knocks in the domestic circuit. He is likely to be used in the lower middle-order where the franchise lacked an all-rounder in the previous season.
- David Miller, with his amazing finishing skills, can prove to be a game-changer.
The bowlers in the Rajasthan Royals-
The seam bowling line-up looks a bit weak with the absence of Jofra Archer. However, the addition of Chris Morris and Mustafizur Rehman this season has strengthened the line-up. Furthermore, the inclusion of Jaidev Unadkat brings handy experience as well.
The Rajasthan Royals have a great advantage in the area of leg-spin. Their bowling squad consists of Shreyas Gopal, Riyan Parag, Mayank Markande, Kariappa. All of them are good spinners.
Liam Livingstone additionally is an all-rounder and T20 specialist with a great bowling record.
Must Read: Rajasthan Royals – SWOT Analysis
Problems with the Rajasthan Royals Squad-
- Overdependence on the International Players: Rajasthan Royals depend heavily on international players. Undoubtedly, all of them are match winners. But the absence of the big names from the Indian circuit puts more pressure on the foreigners.
- Unsettled and Inexperienced Bowling Line-up: The bowling line-up has many Indian names this season. Apart from Jaidev Unadkat, other Indian bowlers are fairly inexperienced. To add to the damage, Ben Stokes and Shivam Dube cannot bowl this season.
- Lack of Backup Players and an Inexperienced Captain: On paper, the bench strength of the Royals looks bleak when compared to the other teams. Newly appointed Skipper, Sanju Samson, has no experience leading a team on a big stage like the IPL.
Overall squad of the Rajasthan Royals in this cricket odds live looks like a really good mix of talent and experience. Arguably, they can prove to be a dark horse this season. But if the big guns fail to fire for long, then their vulnerabilities might get exposed badly.