You may not have noticed yet, but we recently introduced Norwegian Tippeligaen (the Norwegian Premier League) games into FantasyBet.
This league may be new to some of you out there, so this week we have come up with a starter team to get you going. The league has started in exciting fashion with many goals, assists, clean sheets and more already. We have even setup a game with £500 in prizes for this weekend’s Tippeligaen games.
To help you out first of all though, here is a quick key for the teams and their shortened names, and a brief opinion on them:
- MFK = Molde – Won the league last year, extremely strong team.
- RBK = Rosenborg -Top team, great attacking credentials and defensive too.
- VIF = Valerenga – Top tier team from the capital, Oslo.
- ODD = Odd – Runner up and cup finalist last year, a good team.
- GOD = Strømsgodset – Top tier team but some consider their chances to be low.
- FKH = FK Haugesund – They have a great striker but will likely be mid table.
- LSK = Lillestrøm – A traditional club but may not always see the results they want.
- VIK = Viking FK – Not expected to finish highly and may struggle for good results.
- So8 = Sarpsborg 08 – Relegation candidate, not much else to say yet.
- BÆK = Stabæk – A strong manager and minimal budget, possibly over performing.
- TIL = Tromsø – A newly promoted team, with hopes of a top half finish.
- STA = IK Start – Probably a lower half team with a 17 year old captain.
- AAL = Aalesund – Talented attacking players, likely to finish mid table.
- SAN = Sandefjord – A bit of attacking talent here but may not reveal it too often.
- BOD = Bodo/Glimt – Exciting attacking talent, but a leaky defence.
- Mjøndalen = MJØ – Enthusiastic but on a low budget and newly promoted.
To start our team off with, we took a look at the fixtures and recent form. Odd, who are solid at home, have a favourable fixture defensively. Molde have a fixture against a struggling Haugesund and Strømsgodset have a decent matchup against a newly promoted Sandefjord. Coupled with some strong attacking showings across the board recently in defence and midfield we think we can come up with a strong team this week.
Our winning squad
As you can see, we picked up a few players from Molde. We also went with a couple of in form choices this week and then topped up our bench with cheap players, who have actually been returning good points, to come in at a perfect £100m.
Our choices for our GKP and DEF feature S. Rossbach and E. Ruud from Odd. At home they have a good chance of a clean sheet, and Ruud is a high octane player who could gain some attacking points too. Lillestrøm are strong on set pieces and F. Kippe is dangerous in the air. M. Hamoud (GOD) completes our defence, being more of a winger than a fullback and with a good fixture for Strømsgodset we picked up F. Kastrati too as a FWD, a very affordable attacking option.
Our FWD and MID line includes M. Elyounoussi (MFK – MID) who we rate as the best attacking player in the league and O. Kamara (MFK – FWD) with 4 goals already this year and a hot candidate for this seasons top goalscorer who are both expensive but essential players to include from MFK. P. Helland (RBK – MID) operates more as a forward and at £8m is a cheap choice for his potential. B Zajic (SO8 – MID) was top goalscorer last season and will look to punish a vulnerable looking BOD defence. D. Holm (VIF – MID) looks tasty and has been excellent so far, he is on penalties too which seals the deal. Our final choice is a punt, at 17 years old the exciting looking S. Svendsen (MFK – FWD) looks like a good gamble to take at £6.5m, playing for the best team in the league and already with 2 goals under his belt.
This team should be a great starting point, you can enter it as it is or give it your own touch. Either way do not miss out on our
£500 FREEROLL game this week which you can enter for free, don’t miss the deadline on Friday night though! It’s a bit earlier than the English Premier League games.