Zimbabwe will tour Ireland for the 2nd match of the One Day International Series (ODIs). The game will be on August 8, 2021, at Stormont Stadium, Ireland.
Both teams have had an intense history, so it will be interesting to see what happens this time around. But be sure to follow Indian cricket latest news for live updates.
Past Matches between Ireland and Zimbabwe
Ireland prevailed in four of the last five matches between the two teams while Zimbabwe scooped one win.
- Zimbabwe vs. Ireland 3rd ODI, Belfast, Northern Ireland July 7, 2019: Ireland won by six wickets (with 52 balls remaining).
- Zimbabwe v.s Ireland 2nd ODI, Belfast, Northern Ireland, July 4, 2019: Ireland won by five runs.
- Zimbabwe vs. Ireland 1st ODI, Belfast, Northern Ireland on July 1, 2019: Ireland won by four wickets with nine balls remaining.
- Zimbabwe vs. Ireland 25th Match, Super Sixes, ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier on March 16, 2018: Zimbabwe won by 4 107 runs.
- Zimbabwe vs. Ireland 3rd ODI, Harare, Zimbabwe on October 13, 2018. Ireland won by two wickets with 19 balls remaining.
If these statistics are anything to go by, Zimbabwe needs to do more to beat Ireland.
Zimbabwe’s captain admitted his team played a low-quality game in the pair’s last match on July 7, 2019.
“We haven’t played our best cricket,” said Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza. He continued to say that Ireland had really put them “under the pump”. He thought his team needed to make better decisions under pressure, suggesting that is what Ireland had done. “Every time they’re on top, they haven’t let us come back,” said Masakadza.
Maybe their lessons yield results after a 23 runs win in the Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe in Harare on July 23, 2021. Zimbabwe had an all-around show from the opening to finish against Bangladesh.
Ireland attributes its successive win against Zimbabwe to young, curious players.
“Starting back in May, quite a few cricketers have come in. It’s really pleasing that the lads are coming in and making contributions. There’s depth in that pool of players and the confidence is right up there,” said captain William Porterfield.
Zimbabwe Tour of Ireland Squads
Both cricket teams are yet to unveil their squads. But keep checking Indian cricket latest news for more updates.
Zimbabwe Tour of Ireland Other Matches
Other than the 2nd ODI game, Zimbabwe will play seven other matches with the host, including Twenty 20 Internationals (T20I).
Ireland has for the past five years dominated Zimbabwe in cricket matches. But Zimbabwe is coming up fast — the team proved themselves in the Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe in Harare for the 2nd T201 with a convincing 23 runs win.
So cricket fans expect an exciting Ireland and Zimbabwe game in the August 8 2nd ODI. Hopefully, you’ve mined these betting tips for cricket for yourself.