Australia’s tour to the West Indies is perceived as a dress rehearsal for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup scheduled in October 2021. That’s why the schedule features five T20Is, alongside three ODIs cramped into eight and five playing days in July 2021 respectively. The clash between two fine white-ball outfits is eagerly awaited by cricket fans, fantasy leaguers and punters alike.
|1st T20I||July 09, 2021||Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia||11:30 PM|
|2nd T20I||July 10, 2021||Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia||11:30 PM|
|3rd T20I||July 12, 2021||Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia||11:30 PM|
|4th T20I||July 14, 2021||Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia||11:30 PM|
|5th T20I||July 16, 2021||Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia||11:30 PM|
|1st ODI||July 20, 2021||Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados||06:30 PM|
|2nd ODI||July 22, 2021||Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados||06:30 PM|
|3rd ODI||July 24, 2021||Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados||06:30 PM|
There’s enough cricket action unfolding before the Australia-West Indies series gets underway. The West Indies is currently playing the much-awaited series against South Africa, involving two tests and five T20Is. While Australia has announced the squad, West Indies might implement changes in the squad it has fielded against the Protease. The fantasy sports books would be offering markets and odds for the upcoming matches only when West Indies finalizes their squad for the series. Mind you, odd-makers can zero in on the odds only upon comparing both teams’ player-to-player strength. Watch the space for the best odds as soon as they are available.
Punters would have opportunities aplenty to play, win, earn, and be thrilled when the Australia- West Indies series gets underway. FantasyBet is here to help you hone your strategies, exploit the right markets, and ace the sportsbooks. Our in-house analysts have factored in all the info they could factor into put up a series of predictions to keep you on top of your betting options.
Note that the cricket match prediction tips are based on the assumption that Windies retains the squad for the series.
- T20 Series Winner: West Indies has been scratchy in the series against SA, losing the T20 series 3-2. Unless they get their act together, Australia will win the series 3-2. Aussies are missing some key players but they have a strong outfit with all bases covered.
- ODI Series Winner: Again, Australia would enter the ODI series as favourites. If something drastic doesn’t happen, Australia is more likely to seal the ODI series 2-1. Since the West Indians would not go down without a fight, you can expect some close encounters.
- Most Sixes: In absence of Glen Maxwell, Shimron Hetmeyer is your best bet. However, don’t ignore Chris Gayle who even at the fag-end of his career is capable of hitting it big. West Indies skipper, Kieron Pollard is also a contender, provided he bats up the order.
- Highest Scorer: Aaron Finch is more likely to top the batting leader board in both T20Is and ODIs. He opens the innings for his team, which gives him a chance to play longer and score heavily. Hetmeyer and Pooran could also be considered if they strike form.
- Highest Wicket-taker: Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood are the frontrunners. They both have pace, variations and ample experience as compared to others.
Following the above will help you increase the chances of winning.