The battle for fourth place in the league table will be a tough one as Kolkata Knight Riders take on Mumbai Indians at their fortress, Abu Dhabi. Currently leading with 22 victories to MI’s 28 overall wins over them and only 4 points separating each team. Having said that, if KKR somehow manage to beat Mumbai Indians, then they will move to the 4th position on the IPL points table today.
In the first phase of IPL 2021, KKR looked poor but now they have redeemed themselves just 3 days back against RCB. For Kolkata, a win against Mumbai will definitely open up the points table and might put MI’s performance under radar! For Mumbai, Rohit Sharma is perhaps getting to return to the playing XI and his presence might help his team tactically.
MI vs KKR Game Stats to Look At In IPL
- Most runs for MI vs KKR – Rohit Sharma (866 runs)
- Most wickets for MI [Among current players] vs KKR – Jasprit Bumrah (12 wickets)
- Most runs for KKR [Among current players] vs MI – Andre Russell (183 runs)
- Most wickets for KKR vs MI – Sunil Narine (22 wickets)
- Most runs against an opponent in IPL:
- Rohit Sharma – 982 vs KKR
- David Warner – 943 vs PBKS
- David Warner – 915 vs KKR
- Virat Kohli – 909 vs DC
- Virat Kohli – 895 vs CSK
- 1000 – To complete 1000 runs against KKR in IPL, Rohit Sharma needs only 18 more runs.
- 1000 – Eoin Morgan needs 46 more runs to complete 1000 for KKR while Ishan Kishan only 24 left in his quest of reaching 1k for MI this IPL season.
- 4000 – Dinesh Karthik is on the brink of an incredible feat and is just 54 runs away from scoring 4000.
- 400 – With 3 more sixes, Rohit Sharma could become the first Indian player in T20 Cricket history would’ve managed this feat.
- 50 – Shubman Gill will be playing his 50th match in the IPL 2021. Whereas, Krunal Pandya needs just 1 more wicket to pick up the coveted milestone of fifty wickets during this edition as well!
- 184.56 – With the highest strike rate of 184.56 against KKR (min 125 balls faced) in the history of IPL, Hardik Pandya will be a key player for his team during death overs.
Original Reference: https://www.sportstiger.com/mi-vs-kkr-stats-preview-rohit-sharma-on-verge-of-being-the-first-batsman-to-score-1000-runs-against-kkr-in-ipl/