Check this out! An Indian cricketer who’s considered one of the most gifted bowlers globally and is a top-rated T20 bowler. Moreover, he can swing the ball both ways. He has good speed, has graced and won many sporting seasons, and is at the peak of his sportsmanship career.
Well, here’s what you need to know about Bhuvneshwar Kumar. You’ll learn about his background, his teams, achievements, among other striking facts (no pun intended).
Basic Information About the Player
Full Names: Bhuvneshwar “Bhuvi” Kumar Singh
Age: 31-years-old (February 5th, 1990)
Bat Style: Right-handed
Teams: Currently, he’s a bowler for the Uttar Pradesh cricket team, India national cricket team, and Sunrisers Hyderabad. Before, he played for India Blue, Central Zone, India Red, India A, Pune Warriors, and Royal Challengers Bangalore
Bowl Style: Right-arm, fast-medium
Leagues and Ranks
Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s global career began in 2012, and it goes solid to date. He has played for major championships like the Indian Premier League (IPL). He has also been Sunrisers Hyderabad’s captain a couple of times.
His net worth is approximately 9 million US dollars, which is around sixty-five crore Indian Rupees.
Below are Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s top records:
- In Twenty20 Internationals, he ranks 1st with two maidens in an innings.
- In One-Day Internationals, he ranks 4th with 106 runs in an innings.
- In Twenty20 Internationals, he ranks 7th with a (1.00) economy rate in an innings.
- In test matches, he ranks 8th with a (4/8) bowling analysis in an innings.
Because of numerous health complications, Bhuvneshwar Kumar hasn’t been faithfully playing the game he loves. For example, during the World Cup Down Under in 2015, he injured his ankle.
In 2018’s IPL, he suffered back problems and persistent health issues all through the year. It cost him to miss 5 matches. He also missed three games in England’s 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup.
In early 2020, he had surgery for a sports hernia and recovered. However, during the last IPL season, he suffered damage to his hamstring and was out for the entire season.
On April 21st, 2021, while playing against Punjab Kings, the Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer suffered a strain on his thigh.
Last Matches Played
Below are the final three matches in their various categories that Bhuvneshwar Kumar played:
1. The last test match and FC match were at Johannesburg, 24th to July 27th, 2018, between India and South Africa. India won by 63 runs.
2. The last ODI match and List A game were at Colombo, July 20th, 2021, with India and Sri Lanka. India won by three wickets and had five balls remaining.
3. The last T20 and T20I match were at Colombo, July 25th, 2021, between India and Sri Lanka. India won by 38 runs.