With his deep voice, certainty, energy, and being a risk-taker, Pandya is the cutting edge of boldness for the teams he plays for. He declared himself to the world when he played in the IPL. Additionally, he has made the world amaze with his brave ability to strike the ball, exceptional handling, and some sharp handling. Here is more about this great cricket player.
Basic Information About the Player
Full Name: Hardik Pandya
Bat Style: Right-handed
Teams: his current teams are Mumbai Indians and Baroda. Other major teams include India, ICC World XI, and India A.
Bowling Style: Right-arm, fast-medium
Leagues and Ranks
Pandya has been playing for the Baroda team since 2013. He helped the Baroda team win against the Syed Mushtaq Ali team in the 2013-14 season.
He got a significant part in the Mumbai franchise when he absorbed the critical factor and came great in the crunch circumstances. Additionally, he won two Man of the Match awards during this period.
He grabbed the eye of the T20 establishments because of his abilities inside and outside the boundary. Hardik made his first debut for T20I for India on January 27, 2016. Later in the year, he was named in India’s ODI crew for the home series against New Zealand. He made his first ODI debut during this game.
In July 2017, he was announced on the Sri Lanka tour. This was his first Test game, and he scored his maiden Test Century.
In 2019 Pandya was named to the squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. He played his 50th ODI in June 2019 against West Indies.
Pandya is a real pro with the ball and has had several wins.
- During the 2016 ODI against New Zealand, he became the 4th Indian named Man of the Match.
- In 2017 he smashed 30 runs against Ashok Dinda, making a record.
- In 2017 in a match against Sri Lanka, he scored his maiden Test century and was recorded as the first Indian batsman to score a Test century before lunch.
- He was named the Super Striker of the Season of Mumbai Indians during the 2019 season. He made 402 runs, 14 wickets, an average of 44 in 16 matches.
- In the 2019 season, he earned his second Man of the Match award.
Pandya has not experienced many injuries, but here are some of his cases.
During the 2016 season, he injured himself while training in the nets at the PCA Stadium.
In 2021, he will not be bowling because of his shoulder injury. Also, he was not included in the India vs. Sri Lanka list because he tested positive for the COVID 19.
Last Matches Played
1. IPL 2021, Mumbai Indians vs. DC on April 20, 2021. DC was the winner of the match by six wickets with five balls left.
2. The third T20I, India vs. Sri Lanka, played in R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, on July 29, 2020. Sri Lanka beat India by seven wickets
3. The second T20I, Pakistan vs. West Indies, played in Providence Stadium, Guyana, on July 31, 2021. Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs.