For Buttler, his cricket journey began while he was still young. But, unlike many young players, he managed to keep his success consistent. According to many people, he has every feature to succeed, especially in short formats of the game. He has worked hard throughout his career, and here is more about Jos Buttler.
Basic Information About the Player
Full Name: Jos Buttler
Age: 30 years old
Bat Style: Right-handed
Teams: his current teams include England, Rajasthan Royals, Mumbai Indians, England Lions, Sydney Thunder, Manchester Originals, Team Buttler, Manchester Originals, England A, England XI, Somerset, Lancashire, England Under-19, Melbourne Renegades, England Lions, Cumilla Warriors.
Leagues and Ranks
Jos is the vice-captain of the England cricket team in the limited-overs cricket and Rajasthan Royals in the IPL.
Jos Buttler was seen as a great talent from an early age. He played in Somerset’s youth teams such as the Under-13, Under-15, and Under-17 levels.
In 2009 he made his first debut after he replaced Justin Langer. He pulled during this game because of the excellent performance he was called in the Somerset limited-overs team.
In 2011 Jos was named in the T20 squad, which was to play against India. However, he did not bat in the first game, but during the second game, he batted, managing to score only 13 runs.
On February 21, 2012, Jos made his first ODI debut against Pakistan at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. He later replaced Kieswetter, becoming England’s limited-overs wicketkeeper.
In 2013, Buttler was signed by Lancashire. He played the first ten matches for this team during the T20 2014 but was called to the England team, where he played as a wicketkeeper. Jos made his first Test debut on July 27, 2014, against India.
In 2016 IPL, he played for the Mumbai Indians but later went back to England later in the year due to his ability to play spin.
He has achieved many achievements since an early age.
- In 2010 and 2011, he was presented the NBC Denis Compton Award because he was Somerset’s promising young player.
- In February 2012, he replaced Kieswetter as England’s limited-overs wicketkeeper.
- He hit his first international fifty, which was against New Zealand in a T20I.
- He has continued to play well for the ODI series against Australia both at home and Down Under.
- During a game against West Indies, he scored 99 in the third ODI, but England lost the series.
- In a series against Sri Lanka, Jos recorded his maiden ODI ton off with just 61 balls.
- Jos was appointed as a member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in the 2020 New Year Honors.
- For the 2021 IPL on May 2, he scored his maiden IPL and T20 hundred in 56 balls against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- His most recent game was for the Rajasthan Royals, where he scored 124 runs in just 64 balls making the team win the match. He was later named the Man of the Match.
Last Matches Played
1. 1st Test, England vs. India on February 5-9, 2021. England won by 227 runs
2. 3rd ODI, England vs. India, on March 28, 2021, India won by seven runs
3. 3rd T20I, England vs. Pakistan, on July 20, 2021, England won by three wickets.