Ravichandran Ashwin began his cricket journey as an opening batsman but later changed to be an off-break bowler. He had seen that being an opening batsman had given him little success. From the time he made this change, he has made remarkable achievements on his journey. Additionally, he has won the most Man of the series awards. Here is more about this great player;
Basic Information About the Player
Full Name: Ravichandran Ashwin
Age: 35 years old
Bat Style: Right-handed
Bowling Style: Off-break
Teams: His current teams are Tamil Nadu, Delhi Capitals, India Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire, Punjab Kings, Chennai Super Kings, South Zone, Dindigul Dragons, India Cements, Worcestershire, India Green, India Blue, India A, Rest of India, India Red.
Leagues and Ranks
- Ashwin’s first-class debut was in December 2006 when he played for Tamil Nadu. After this achievement, he was made the captain of the next season.
- His fame came after the IPL 2010. During this game, he played for the Chennai Super Kings and was the leading wicket-taker.
- On June 5, 2010, Ashwin made his first ODI debut against Sri Lanka at Harare Sports Club.
- On November 6, 2011, he made his first Test debut against West Indies, played at Arun Jaitley Stadium. For this game, he recorded five-wicket hauls and scored a century.
- Ashwin was picked for the 2011 World Cup by the Indian side, but he has only played twice for this team.
- From 2015-2017 he has been performing well especially securing his bowling to trusting his off-break and his floater as his stock deliveries.
- Ashwin was selected to be the captain in the IPL, where he captained Kings XI Punjab from 2018-2020. He is also involved in the advertising world, including Manna Foods, Oppo, and Nike.
Because of consistency, Ashwin has made several achievements which include
- Ashwin is known to be the fastest Indian bowler and joint-fastest in the world when the number of innings is considered.
- In November 2011, he won the player of the series award.
- In 2013 he was given an extended Test run and was named the Man of the series in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. In this Test, he registered 29 wickets, making him the third Indian off-spinner to take 25-plus wickets in a series.
- From 2015-2017 he has won the ICC Test Team player of the year.
- From 2011-2020, he has won the ICC Test Team of the decade.
- In December 2020, Ashwin was named the bowler for dismissing most left-handers.
- Ashwin was named the fifth Indian spinner to take a wicket on the first ball of the innings on February 8, 2021. During this series, he was able to dismiss English batsman Roy burns.
- In the same month, he was named the fourth Indian to record 400 wickets in Test cricket.
- Ashwin is the second-fastest bowler ever to record the landmark (77).
- He received his 8th award for Man of the series in the home series against England in March 2021.
Last Matches Played
1. Zimbabwe vs. Bangladesh, July 7, 2021, Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 220 runs.
2. Sri Lanka vs. India, July 28, 2021, Sri Lanka beat India by four wickets.
3. Pakistan vs. West Indies July 31, 2021, Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs.