As a young player, Pant has been stepping the popularity ladder on and off. In some matches, he has not been himself and has not given the expected results. However, he is a player who is full of determination and has been seen as a promising talent. Here is more about this upcoming player.
Basic Information About the Player
Full Name: Rishabh Pant
Age: 23 years old
Bat Style: Middle-order batsman, left-handed
Teams: His current teams are India, Delhi, and Delhi Capitals. Other significant teams he has played for include Asia XI, India A, Indian Board President’s XI, Delhi Capitals, India Red, North Zone, India Under-19
Leagues and Ranks
Rishabh Pant’s career grew when he made his first-class debut on October 22, 2015, in the 2016-16 Ranji Trophy.
On December 23, 2015, he made his List a debut in the 2015-16 Vijay Hazare Trophy. For the 2016-17 season, he was named the captain by Delhi for the same tournament.
Pant was then bought by the Delhi Daredevils for Rs 1.9 crore in February 2016 during the IPL auction. On the same day, he amazingly scored a century for India Under-19 in the World Cup.
In the 2017 season, he registered 97 runs in 43 balls. Delhi retained him for the third season, and he did well. He scored 125 in his innings against SRH demolishing the morale of the bowlers.
In January 2017, he was named in India’s T20I squad for the series against England. In this game, he made his debut for India in the third T20I.
Pant has made a good name for himself at a young age with the outstanding achievements he has achieved.
- In the 2016 World Cup, he played for the Under-19, and he hit an 18-ball, making him the fastest at his level.
- During the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy, he was named the youngest Indian to record a triple century in first-class cricket.
- In late 2016, he registered the fastest century in the Ranji Trophy from just 48 balls while playing against Jharkhand.
- On January 14, 2018, he became the second-fastest century in the T20 in the Zonal T20 league.
- In 2018 he made his first ODI debut and was named the ICC Emerging Player of the year at the 2018 ICC Awards.
- During the IPL season, Pant made 69 runs from 40 balls making Delhi get an 8-wicket triumph over Gujarat Lions. He was able to make his maiden IPL 50s off 25 balls.
- Pant became the fourth-youngest Indian and fifth youngest to captain the IPL side on April 10, 2021, against Chennai Super Kings.
During the Melbourne Test, Pant suffered a minor injury but was promoted and came out to bat at 5.
In July 2021, he tested positive for COVID-19 and did not travel to Durham. But once he has recovered, he will join his teammates in Durham for the matches against England.
Last Played Matches
1. 5th T20I, India against England on March 20, 2021. India won by 36 runs.
2. 3rd ODI, India vs. England, on March 28, 2021. India won by seven runs.
3. Finals ICC World Test Championship, India vs. New Zealand on June 18-23, 2021. New Zealand won by eight wickets.