The IPL board has decided that all players need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their home board for two years. Without the certificate no player is permitted to take part in the tournament. The IPL will also prohibit a cricketer from playing in the cash-rich Twenty20 league if he misses out on participating in an approved Future Tours Programme Event.
In recent news about cricket, Bangladesh’s cricket board president Nazmul Hassan has announced that the all-rounder player Shakib Al Hasan and left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman will not be given NOC to play in the rest of the series.
BCB cricket operations committee chairman, Akram Khan, said they wouldn’t refuse to give NOC to the duo if there was no international commitment. It is understandable as the two players are expected to be with the national team to prepare for the upcoming T20 WC.
However, the ECB, i.e., England Cricket Board, and Bangladesh Cricket Board, has decided to postpone England’s tour of Bangladesh to March 2023, giving the duo a chance to participate in the remaining IPL matches.
Duo’s Contribution to IPL
Shakib Al Hasan is inarguably one of the best cricketers. He’s an excellent player and an all-rounder. With his tremendous talent, he has been bossing the ICC rankings for all-rounders for many years.
Mustafizur Rahman is a left-hand fast-medium bowler and is also known as ‘The Fizz.’ He has successfully picked up the most wickets in a debut one-day international series. He is the first player who has won the ‘Man of the Match’ award on both tests and ODI debuts.
Shakib plays for Kolkata Knight Riders and had a disappointing first leg of the season where he played three games, scoring 38 runs at a strike rate of 97.43, and managed to take 2 wickets at an economy of 8.1 runs per over. On the other hand, Mustafizur had played seven matches and taken eight wickets with the best bowling figures of 3/20 for the Rajasthan Royals in the absence of Jofra Archer.
Will the Inclusion of These Players Affect Their Respective IPL Teams?
When the BCB made this spine-chilling news about cricket regarding Shakib and Mustafizur participation in IPL, KKR and Rajasthan Royals were both alarmed. But, thankfully, there are no more barriers to them wearing the jerseys of their respective teams once again.
Here are some reasons as to why Shakib’s presence is so significant:
- Shakib has never really had a consistent run throughout the IPL which impacts his overall performance. However, when KKR provided him some assurance of a regular place, his scores went up.
- His inclusion in IPL will indeed magnify the quality of KKR’s spin bowling sector.
- The importance of a spin bowling all-rounder has always been high. Shakib also adds benefit to the team by batting and bowling left-handed.
That is why Shakib’s importance in the IPL is immense for KKR. His presence in the squad will add pressure on the opponents.
Now let’s take a look at Mustafizur’s impact on his team:
- Mustafizur is a left-arm pace bowler. He came to Dhaka in 2012 and soon caught the attention of BCB’s pace foundation.
- He lacked pace initially but impressed everyone in the 2014-15 first-class season, where he took 26 wickets.
- The IPL 2016 was a kickstart for his career. He was known for his dangerous yorker to KKR all-rounder Andre Russell.
- In 2015, he became the second bowler after Brian Vitori to take five-wicket hauls in his first two ODI’s.
He is an important team member. Rajasthan Royals is very lucky to have him by their side.
The players will play an important role in the T20 World cup for their nation. However, if the duo doesn’t get the NOC, it’ll be a huge loss for both teams. But, the chances are that they will most likely be able to participate in the rest of the IPL matches. Hence, bringing relief to the teams.